1. Atmosphere ⭐⭐⭐⭐
2. Food ⭐⭐⭐Food in the House of Unicorns Cafe is not that exceptional, it’s a common food that we can enjoy even in other restaurants. The price ranges around 500PHP or $10 for two (or less!), which is not bad for chilling out with friends. Due to the fact that at that time I wasn’t blogging, apologies if I couldn’t show you individual pictures. We ordered Sweet and Spicy Wings and Carbonara each for 168PHP (around $3); Baked Fries and Cheese and Chocolate Milk Shake, each for 158PHP; and Chocolate Banana Waffle for 138PHP (around $2.5).
3. Customer Service ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
What I love about this restaurant is the customer service. If you’ve notice on my previous posts especially with our experience at Farmer’s Orchard Cafe, I tend to stay until the closing hours. Actually, that’s when you can test their customer service if they are really providing you the best service even if it’s their time to go. I truly appreciated their staff since even the closing time, they helped us take pictures and didn’t rush us too much! As for the food service, it is expected of them, but what stood out to me is the extra service they gave even after the last hours.
4. Accessibility ⭐⭐⭐
Located at Lilac Street, Marikina, the fastest way to go here according to Sakay.ph is to ride an FX bound to SSS Village. The route starts at Gateway Mall, Cubao, which is accessible via various transportation modes. After that get off at SSS Village and walk a little further with your Google Maps (4-6 minutes of walk will do!) I could not elaborate more on the commuting since we booked a Grab as it is cheap for three people and we are not too familiar with the place. You might want to use that option, too! In my opinion, Marikina is not totally accessible for all (except for Marikina locals), and I coming from the Pasig area (which is just beside it) takes 2-3 rides in order to get there.
5. Overall Dining Experience – 3.5⭐!
As a pastel color fanatic, this place is a must-go place for me. However, as for other people, this might seem to be a usual place to go to, since themed cafes are on the rise as well. What stood out for me is the atmosphere and the customer service, and I think it is something that should not be taken for granted. Moreover, it is a perfect place to catch-up with friends without any worries. Food is common, but then at the moment that we were catching up, food doesn’t matter much as words do. Don’t you think so?
Find them on zomato!
I started my Zomato account too, feel free to follow my food adventures!
See you on my next adventure!
- Find House of Unicorns Cafe on Facebook! – https://www.facebook.com/HouseofUnicornsCafe/
- Book your adventure with Grab! Download here – https://www.grab.com/ph/download/
- Don’t know how to get to your destination? Fast and convenient routes via Sakay,ph – https://sakay.ph/