Terrific Tuesday, everyone! As promised on my Facebook page, I’ll be uploading articles and tips on travel locally and internationally. With that, let me share one of my experiences last week, the grand launching of Mabuhay Maritime Express (MME) which can bring you to Boracay by water!
Launching and Naming Ceremony
Before we started boarding, there was a short program and time for socialization. Some prominent personalities were seen including government officials, media people, and of course, PAL Holdings Inc. owner, Lucio Tan. He was the one who conducted the naming ceremony before we headed on board. This was also a time for us to see how the vessels look like from outside. Promising a seamless air to sea transfer and the fastest route to Boracay, Mabuhay Maritime Express let us experience the two ferry boats firsthand: MV Magalang and MV Malambing.
Boracay’s beauty is now unimaginable. With its rehabilitation, travelers are expected to visit soon to unravel its beauty. As we know, going to Boracay has different route options. The fastest way is by air travel going to Caticlan airport but then, we would want a more affordable and accessible option, right? With this current issue, Mabuhay Maritime Express aims to give another option without breaking the bank. Thus, from MME Port, you just need to go aboard and be there in almost an hour and a half.
We boarded at MV Malambing: a 410-seater, high-speed catamaran. Here are some details and things I liked about it!
- It is divided into three sections.
- Economy – 1000PHP or roughly 20USD
- Premium – 2000PHP or roughly 40USD
- First Class – 2500 or roughly 50USD
- They have snacks on board to satisfy our tummies!
- They have charging ports. You’ll never be out of battery to capture the best moments!
- You can never be disconnected with their Wi-Fi connectivity! You can even do your work, comfortably.
Is there something you won’t like about Mabuhay Maritime Express?
On my overall experience aboard, it’s just being sea sick. I have motion sickness and I think, no matter how good the quality of the transportation is, it is not easily eradicated. Good thing is, they provided us ointments(?) to lessen the feeling.
However, overall, it was a truly different experience for me as a traveler! With my travels comprising mostly of land and air travel, this definitely ticked off the list! I also loved the idea of providing another option to people. It is promoting our local tourism and at the same time, enables anyone to have access at our pristine beaches. Knowing this, would you like to sail with MME?
Catch a sneak peek from Fine Fettle Living‘s Facebook Page! AKA my travel buddy!
For the full video of our experience, here’s a clip from Ayo Fotografi!
Well then, let’s travel again together, shall we?
- Mabuhay Maritime Express on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/mabuhaymaritime/
- Travel with Mafil, Fine Fettle Living – http://finefettleliving.com
- Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/FineFettleLiving/
- Ayo Fotografi for an Affordable Photo and Video Coverage – https://www.facebook.com/AYO.PhotoVideo.Coverage/
- See more of my tips and tricks on travels! – http://justjezze.com/travel/